Friday 22 June 2012

Countdown to Considerably Bigger Buns begins with Casting

And so the planning for this big BLT theatrical experience begins with casting news! Firstly, a HUGE thank you to everyone who came to read - thanks to you I have had an interesting and difficult time with deciding on the large cast for this play!  I am delighted to say that I have come up with an exciting solution and I've been able to cast all the ladies who came to the readings and were available for the show. I would like to thank all the chaps who came along too - it has been tough to make the decisions on casting the four male roles and I'm sorry to disappoint some of you. However, backstage crew will be needed - any volunteers? Anyway....here goes with the cast for Calendar Girls - to hit the boards at BLT in September 2012!

Cora..............................Sarah Jones
Chris..............................Gwen Livingstone
Annie............................Frankie Baskerville
Jessie.............................Yve Price
Celia..............................Shelley Bethan Morgan
Ruth...............................Ros Grummitt
Marie..............................Claire Williams
Brenda...........................Claire Watts
John................................Bleddyn Jones
Rod.................................Jerry Grummitt
Lady Cravenshire........Val Rosser
Lawrence......................Matthew Oliver
Elaine.............................To be shared by Fay Grummitt and Emma Percy
Liam...............................Christopher Harris

I will be contacting the cast over the weekend to arrange first rehearsals.  These are such exciting times and I am looking forward to getting started with some of Blackwood's finest.  My dearest husband has reminded me that we also have a British Final to compete in, (and hopefully win!)  so things might be a bit fragmented for a week or two but we will then be able to get into a pattern of rehearsals.

See everyone soon.

Peta x

1 comment: